The OA Birthday Party
The Amazing 60th Year Celebration!
JANUARY 17-19, 2020
THE 60TH OA BIRTHDAY PARTY WEEKEND CELEBRATION
Last year, the Birthday Party was a huge success with over 850 people coming from 40 different U.S. states and Canadian provinces, as well as OA members from the UK, France and even Australia!
This year, we’re hoping to have over 1,000 members from all over the world join us for this tremendous celebration.
We will again be at the LAX Hilton, 5711 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA.
- $50 on or before December 1st
- Hotel Discount info on registration site!
Find OA’s newest social media presence at instagram.com/overeatersanonymous_official/
Follow, tag, like, post, respond!
Celebrate Sponsorship Day August 17–18
In Overeaters Anonymous, we are told that “together we can do what we could never do alone.” Nowhere is this principle more simply and clearly practiced than in the sponsor-sponsee relationship. Sponsors help us through our program of recovery on all three levels—physical, emotional, and spiritual. By working with others, sponsors continually renew and reaffirm their own recovery.
Share your gratitude with your sponsor and sponsees!
Learn more about how this valuable service helps strengthen recovery:
- A Guide for Sponsors – guidance, support, and 30 questions to ask
- Sponsoring Through the Twelve Steps – recommended readings and thought-provoking questions
- Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th ed., chapter 7, “Working with Others”
- Twelfth Step Within Handbook – tips for support, “Recovery Insurance Policy”
- OA Podcasts
Sponsorship Success | Podcasts
- What is a sponsor?
- Why should you get a sponsor, and how can you get a sponsor?
- Why be a sponsor? Why be a sponsee?
- When can you start sponsoring? When can you start being sponsored?
- What are the sponsorship job descriptions—from sponsor to sponsee and back?
- How can you break down the barriers for both parties?
- What are some different sponsoring styles?
- How do you work the Twelve Steps with a sponsee?
- How do you work the Twelve Traditions with a sponsee?
November 9th | Four recovered panelists from the Channel Islands Intergroup and other areas will share their experience with sponsoring and being sponsored. This workshop includes a Q & A session and a Sponsor/Sponsee meet and greet. This is a great workshop for anyone who:
– Needs a sponsor
– Has a sponsor
– Wants to start sponsoring
In other words – Everyone!
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Faith Lutheran Church, 1335 Vallecito Place, Carpinteria, CA
12pm-1pm Fellowship Lunch (bring your own lunch)
1pm-4pm Panel Discussion
$10 suggested donation (No one will be turned away)
Questions? Contact Michelle W. (818) 515-6593 or Amy W. (646) 373-6828 or Natalie G. (310) 488-2893 or email email@example.com
For further information about this and other events, visit the Central Coast Intergroup site.
OA Channel Islands Intergroup will host a booth at Ojai Day, Saturday, October 19th from 10:00 – 5:00 in Libbey Park, near the fountain.
OA Members with at least 30 days of abstinence will be on hand to carry the message of recovery through the 12 Steps of OA and offer handouts & hope to still suffering compulsive eaters. Stop by and say hello or take a shift.
“Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors and to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps of OA to those who still suffer.”
International Day Experiencing Abstinence (IDEA)