I’ve updated our website with a new theme that upgrades the organization of our content. We now have 5 main sections: About, Meetings & Events, Newsletter, Podcasts, and Literature. If you can’t find something, try the Search box or email me.
The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively. Learn more about OA…or read the next post to find a local meeting.
- Daniel_S_recovery_principles (download 12.6 MB; 55:15m)
from The Spiritual Life is Not a Theory workshop, Feb. 20
This is a 12.6 MB audio MP3 file – if “Buffering” interferes with play, consider downloading (right-click for Windows or Control+Click for Mac).
The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.
Overeaters Anonymous is a Fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. Our local intergroup offers meetings in Isla Vista, Goleta, Santa Barbara, Solvang, Ventura, Ojai, and Camarillo for overeaters, undereaters, anorexics, bulimics, exercise bulimics—we welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively.
Join us for a Sunday Reflection Beach Walk/Sit!
~ No bathing suits allowed!
~ No exercise required!
~ Come as you are!
Where: Hendry’s Beach Meet at the first lifeguard station by the steps to the beach
When: Sundays at 4:30 pm (no meeting if it’s raining)
What: Reflection begins with a reading. Afterwards, walk or sit along the beach solo or in small groups to discuss the reading and reflect on the week ahead. Reflection time will end at 5:30 pm.
Optional: continue along to the 6:00 pm Sunday night meeting
in Santa Barbara for a Big Book study.
Why: Why not???
Free parking is available, but carpooling is encouraged.
Questions? Call Gabrielle (805) 705-6306
- Click for a Ride the Spiritual Wave! flyer (PDF) to post or bring to your meeting.
New OA-HOW Phonebridge Meeting
Starting January 3, 2009
- Saturday evening, 9:30 – 10:30 p.m. PST
- Phone number: 1-218-936-7979
- Access code: 999728#
Please note: this is a long distance call
We’ll share how the promises are coming true for us—or how they WILL come true for us. Dial in and join us!
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS MEE TING?
CALL PAM 425-778-8737 OR ELI SE 206-930-5786
Information website for this meeting: www.saturday-night-oa-how.com
To find more OA Phonebrideg Meetings, check the World Service web site WWW.OA.ORG.
Every Saturday night from 6:00-7:15pm
At LuluBandhas in Ojai
- Open to all 12-step people, in any 12-Step group.
- Relaxed, friendly environment.
- See the Ojai Alano Club website for details.
Gotta Have Faith!
The 49th Annual OA Birthday Party
February 13-15, 2009
Sheraton Gateway Hotel – 6101 West Century Blvd. (near LAX)
From Los Angeles Intergroup web site:
The annual OA Birthday Party is a three day celebration of OA’s founding in Los Angeles in 1960. Every year hundreds (over 500 last year) of recovering compulsive overeaters from around the world gather to celebrate both the event and their recovery. Many of the fellowship’s longest standing members attend and speakers and workshop leaders often have 20, 30 and 40 years of recovery.
- Friday night inspirational main speaker, often followed by a play or musical written and performed by OA members.
- Saturday is an all-day affair with ‘round the clock Marathon meetings, workshops and panels. There is a Saturday luncheon, followed by another great speaker, as well as a Saturday Night dinner and speaker, followed by a dance, karaoke, or equally fun activity
Note: you do not have to purchase a lunch or a dinner to attend the speaker portion of these meals.
- Sunday continues with more meetings, panels and workshops, and concludes with a great closing speaker.
Los Angeles Intergroups invite you for fellowship and inspiration on Thanksgiving Day at Cheviot Hills Park from 10AM-12PM. There will be four speakers sharing their experience, strength, and hope and most importantly, their gratitude for OA.
This is an amazing event that has been a tradition of our intergroup, and I hope that you can join us!
Saturday, Dec. 6th from 10am-4pm
Goleta Presbyterian Church
6067 Shirrell Way (behind Fairview Shopping Center)
- Body image workshop
- 4th Step workshop
- Basket Auction–proceeds go to scholarships for the 2009 Women’s Retreat
- OA meeting in the final hour
We’re looking forward to a big turnout for this wonderful retreat.
Cost, which includes lunch and diet drinks, is only $10.00.
Please make your reservation by December 2nd: call Raven at 964-6359 or Barbara at 969-9942.
Thanks and we’ll see you all Saturday, December 6th!