The InterVoice newsletter lists 19 current meetings for Santa Barbara county and northern Ventura county, and includes announcements and contact phone numbers.
InterVoice March-April 2011
updated 4/7/11…read it online, or download or print a copy
The InterVoice is published bi-monthly on odd months and distributed to meeting reps at the Intergroup meeting (or it can be printed from the PDF link above).
- Click here for the online CIIG Meeting List from the OA World Service registry
- For online meetings, phone meetings, and a worldwide meeting directory, click here for www.oa.org
- For general OA announcements – for the Santa Barbara/Ventura areas such as upcoming workshops, conferences, room changes, etc., sign up by sending an email to CIIGEventsemail@example.com.
Intergroup has moved to Carpinteria Community Church (the Chase Bank public meeting room is no longer available).
Channel Islands Intergroup Meeting
Carpinteria Community Church
1111 Vallecito Road (just behind Rusty’s Pizza)
Carpinteria, CA 93013
From Southbound 101:
Take the Linden Avenue exit.
Turn right onto Linden Avenue.
At the signal, turn left onto Carpinteria Avenue.
Turn left onto Vallecito Road.
From Northbound 101:
Take the Casitas Pass exit.
Turn left onto Casitas Pass Road.
At the signal, turn right onto Carpinteria Avenue.
Turn right onto Vallecito Road
The church will be on your left and the room for the Intergroup meeting is around back.e
Saturday Women’s 3pm Goleta meeting not meeting Oct. 3 in support of the Women’s Retreat this Saturday, Oct. 3 (returns Oct. 10).
Isla Vista Monday 6:30 p.m. Literature Study meeting is on hiatus
from June 8th through July 27th. (#46412)
- Meetings will resume August 3, 2009.
Please check the InterVoice (select category at right) for other local meetings that might suit your schedule or visit www.oa.org for online and phone meetings.
The Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. Solvang meeting now meets Saturday, 10:30 a.m. at 116 First St.
Contact MaryAnn at 688-1472 or Marcia at 688-3003.
Wednesday, December 31
- No meeting – The 7:30 Literature Study at St. Mary’s Retreat House will not be meeting on Dec. 31…but join us in the New Year!
The InterVoice Nov-Dec 2008 is now available. It includes meeting info, service contacts, and events.
- IDEA Day is November 15 – This day encourages OA members worldwide to begin or reaffirm their abstinence from compulsive overeating.
- Women’s Marathon, Dec. 6 10am-4pm in Goleta.
- Holiday Workshop, Dec. 6 1:30pm-5pm in Glendale.
Effective October 7: Intergroup is moving to a new meeting place.
Join us at the Washington Mutual bank office at the corner of Carpinteria Avenue and Casitas Pass Road in Carpinteria. It is across the street from the middle school. Look for the clock tower and the ATM, and you’ll see the door. It’s on the side of the building, facing Casitas Pass.
The meeting takes place monthly, on the first Tuesday, at 7:30PM.
The Thursday 12:30 meeting is now permanently in the classroom in the building closest to Bristol Road.
(It is no longer in Fisher Hall, nor Emily Hall.)
Click here to download a map to the room: