Celebrate Sponsorship Day August 17–18
In Overeaters Anonymous, we are told that “together we can do what we could never do alone.” Nowhere is this principle more simply and clearly practiced than in the sponsor-sponsee relationship. Sponsors help us through our program of recovery on all three levels—physical, emotional, and spiritual. By working with others, sponsors continually renew and reaffirm their own recovery.
Share your gratitude with your sponsor and sponsees!
Learn more about how this valuable service helps strengthen recovery:
- A Guide for Sponsors – guidance, support, and 30 questions to ask
- Sponsoring Through the Twelve Steps – recommended readings and thought-provoking questions
- Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th ed., chapter 7, “Working with Others”
- Twelfth Step Within Handbook – tips for support, “Recovery Insurance Policy”
- OA Podcasts
Sponsorship Success | Podcasts
- What is a sponsor?
- Why should you get a sponsor, and how can you get a sponsor?
- Why be a sponsor? Why be a sponsee?
- When can you start sponsoring? When can you start being sponsored?
- What are the sponsorship job descriptions—from sponsor to sponsee and back?
- How can you break down the barriers for both parties?
- What are some different sponsoring styles?
- How do you work the Twelve Steps with a sponsee?
- How do you work the Twelve Traditions with a sponsee?